Saturday, September 08, 2007


I started on the Cape Cod CD and will be done soon. I ordered every family an 8x10 of the "gang" shown above. You will have it in about two weeks.

John joined the Navy to be a submariner, therefore he's in Groton, CT to learn his trade. He did his boot camp at Great Lakes, near Chicago. He will be in Groton for about six months and then off to another sub-base in the Gulf area, Alabama I think. His address is:

FR Smith, John F.
Navel Submarine School
P.O. Box 700 #455
Groton, CT 06349-5700

Write him even if it's short, you know how servicemen love mail call. I write short and often (it's easier than writing epic letters and getting writers block) I write everyday happenings, it helps them feel closer to home.

And Susie, what you wrote was just the perfect length..................................................

No comments: