Sunday, September 30, 2007

No I'm not a Rogan, but........

.......evidently my definition of family is broader and less judgmental than yours and is no reason for such a mean spirited posting like that. I've learned over the years that at the end of the day, all you really have is memories and family. Jobs, houses, friends, and almost everything else in life comes and goes, but family is family and memories are yours to cherish or stew bitterly over.

I forgive your comments because you are family to me and I hope that whatever is driving you to these self-destructive thoughts can be worked out so you can appreciate your family for what they are: you only family. You have my number and email, if you ever want to talk, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Cousin John (yea, family)

1 comment:

B-Mel said...

Nicely put. For me Family includes many of the teachers that I have worked so closely with over the past 4 years.

Some people take these blog things so literally.